Large, well-established architectural woodworking company located in Avon, CT is seeking an experienced head buyer for all aspects of material purchases.
Background: Legere Group, Ltd. is a manufacturer of commercial and institutional millwork. We have been fabricating and installing millwork since 1975 as one of the largest architectural producers on the east coast.
Some Key Functions:
- Maintain supplier relationships
- Process, execute, and expedite orders
- Negotiate pricing and payment terms
- Arrange material returns and negotiate restock fees during and at the end of projects
- Research pricing carried by estimators to establish buying goals and provide feedback on major discrepancies
- Develop system for tracking price increases on commodity items and communicate these increases to estimating in advance
- Communicate product data and lead times with Project Managers
- Monitor freight costs and when appropriate, source and coordinate inbound shipments
- Continually research high quality low cost substitutes
- Implement random price reviews of our full service vendors
- Utilize usage reports for the purpose of obtaining price breaks on commodity items
- Ability to perform multiple, detail-oriented tasks with time-sensitive deadlines
- Strong negotiating skills
- Proficient with MS Excel, Outlook and basic computer skills
- Experience with SAP preferred, but not required
- Ability to read drawings preferred, but is not required
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- 3+ year’s purchasing experience
- Ability to thrive in a high-stress and fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in communication
- Self-disciplined with strong ethical conduct
Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Business, Manufacturing, Purchasing or Construction preferred.
Legere Group provides competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package with medical and dental health care coverage, short and long-term disability, paid vacation/holidays, and 401k retirement plan.
Go to all jobs