Large, well-established architectural woodworking company located in Avon, CT is seeking an experienced Finishing Supervisor. Legere Group, Ltd. is a manufacturer of commercial and institutional millwork. We have been fabricating and installing millwork since 1975 as one of the largest architectural producers on the east coast.
- Production and performance oversight of the Finishing Department.
- Coordinates department work with the Assistant Plant Manager.
- Generates and maintains flow throughout the department.
- Maximizes spray booth spray time efficiency.
- Ensures all Department Employees are following Standard Operating Procedures to ensure a consistent quality finished product.
- Maximizes run times on the Superfici finish line by running 10 hour days for equipment efficiency.
- Maximizes the use of our automated equipment as our primary operation of sanding and spraying.
- Updates the Legere Production System (LPS) in real time as product / samples are complete.
- Maintains a clean, LEAN organized and safe work environment.
- Ensures that production is completed on time to meet the shipping schedule.
- Provides quality control throughout the finishing process.
- Provides guidance during the sampling process to ensure LEAN process for production.
- Ability to walk, bend and stand during working hours.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and load carts from knee high to overhead.
- Ability to perform fine manipulation.
- Ability to read and understand finishing step processes and follow them consistently.
- Ability to take direction and give direction to Department Employees.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to solve problems and be a critical thinker.
- Has basic knowledge of coatings associated to the woodworking industry.
- Ability to read and interpret shop drawings and coating tech. data sheets.
- Has good management and communication skills.
Legere Group provides competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package with medical and dental health care coverage, short and long-term disability, paid vacation/holidays, and 401k retirement/Pension plan.
Go to all jobs